Your answer must be Uber, but alas it’s no longer the most valuable startup in 2018, it is not even a US company. You must be very surprised to know that it’s a Chinese company called Bytedance (parent of music video app TikTok). Yes! You heard it right.
According to Bloomberg & Forbes, the company has completed a $3 billion investment that values the company at $75 billion adding the round would put ByteDance’s valuation at $78 billion. Which is ahead of Uber’s most recent $72 billion valuations, although the giant next year would have a valuation of up to $120 billion.
How did it happen?
Bytedance raised $3 billion of funding from Softbank and other major investors making it the world’s biggest privately backed startup.
What makes it special?
- Bytedance owns one of the most successful social media apps of the decade. Started in 2016 in China as Douyin, the karaoke video app allows users to share 15-sec videos of themselves lip-syncing, cooking, dancing or just being silly.
- 500 million TikTok’s global monthly users in July 2018.
- 52 minutes average time a user spends on the app daily.
- 40% Tiktok users are outside China.
Who’s the main Bytedancer?
Tip: If you have an idea just like Uber or Bytedance and need someone to build it for you? Let us help you. Wabodyrms IT Solutions is the most ideal & reliable partner to turn your dreams into reality.
Don’t forget to share & comment!
– Written by Roshan Koshy Digital Marketing Specialists at Wabodryms IT Solutions.